That moment when the carpet is taken from under your feet‏

Monday 13 April 2015
Well hello there everybody!

Transfer calls are in and I am getting transferred! SAY WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, that was my reaction too. I have only been there for 2 transfers (12 weeks) I've only just got this thing down! I honestly thought that I was going to finish my mission here in Wasatch. We found the plot for my grave and everything! Alas, it is not meant to be. 

I don't know where I am going, but the joke is that I am going to Wyoming! #BornToBeWild Tomorrow, all will be revealed.

District Dynamite Destroyed (like my alliteration?)

Sisters Knight and Talbert and getting transferred to The Land Down Under and Texas.

Elder Kirsi and Seymour are both getting transferred.

The only one who is staying is Sister McArter, WILD! 

Sorry, I am still getting over the shock, I had to call the Zone Leaders just to make sure that they were being serious and not playing a joke on me. 

Monday: So on Monday night we were as free as a bird :( normally we are booked on Monday nights! So we just contacted some referrals that we had received, none of them were interested but they were super nice :)

Tuesday: We had our lessons with the Jones, Griffith's and Cassie. Which all were really good! We stopped by a couple that we had been trying to get a hold of for a while, this was a miracle!

Wednesday: We were contacting all morning, which was fun. I think it snowed. It snowed one time this week but I cannot remember which one it was but I think it was Wednesday. We had a great lesson with the Arhet's and the Clarks are my favourites <3 We also had a great lesson with the Harris' who are non-members who are really sweet. 

Thursday: We had weekly planning and a farewell lunch with the Westenshow's for Sister Knight and Sister Talbert, so scrumptious as always. Then we had a lesson with Scott which was good and then we went up to brighton which was fun as always. 
After that we had a wonderful lesson with Shelee, I just love her! She is progressing so well, it is wonderful to see. 


Friday: Zone meeting which was really good. We stopped by a former and she said that we could come back, miracle!!!!!!! We have been trying for so long with her! Our 2pm cancelled, but at least Margaret waited on the drive to tell us (she is 90) We then went over to an old ladies house and did her yard which was fun, catching some rays. After dinner we were doing some more contacting then we went over to a member’s house to help him out with a lesson for gospel principles.

Saturday: So we were doing paper work in the morning and getting things in order. We then met with Pres.Hicken which was a really good meeting. Then we were contacting until 4.30, then we had a lesson with the Hamilton's which went well. After dinner we were contacting again until seeing the Stowell's for the missionary paper work!

Sunday: #SUNDAYFUNDAY
Wake up at 7.30 and run around (literally, I was doing the 100m sprints!) like a headless chicken until 5pm. In our 1.15 meeting we sat down and gave a little sigh and we got a couple of funny looks and we said "sorry, we just needed to breathe for a second) It was the craziest Sunday I have had for a while. Then we went out on visits with Bishop Stowell which was really good because we got a return appointment from a non-member family who are really awesome.

I won't lie, I am terrified about my new area and companion. I am going to finish my mission in this area, it better be good! Or I'm gonna make it good!

I cannot believe how time has flown been on my mission I only have 3 transfers left (this new one and then 2 after) I have learned so much. Especially how God has his own timetable. 

Another thing I learnt is that we are all more like the prodigal son than we think, because as we journey through life, sometimes our faith isn't as strong as it once was. So we all leave but we come back sometimes we leave big time or it is just little steps but eventually we come back :) 

Hope you're all having a great week!

Lots of English love,

Sister Hughes



Comments

Popular Posts