#LDSConfHighlights

Monday 6 April 2015

Belated Happy Easter Everyone! 

If you haven't checked out the 'He Lives' campaign then do it right now!


Mosiah 16:7-9 (In the Book of Mormon, we have Abinadi who is a prophet speaking to the people just before he dies)

And if Christ had not risen from the dead, or have broken the bands of death that the grave should have no victory, and that death should have no sting, there could have been no resurrection.
 But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ.
 He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death.
Because He lives, we can live again also. 

Hope you all had a great Easter and didn't eat too much candy, I mean… sweets.

Monday: What a CRAZY DAY!

So we set off at 8:15 to go up to Oakley (by Park City) and went to the Westenskow's cabin. Once we arrived we just chilled out, played some ping pong and had brunch. We then went on a hike which was really cool, it was so nice and warm, I am talking t-shirt and sunglasses #HelloSummer
it was NOICE! (that's 'nice' with an Kiwi accent) there was some ice still up there which was fun to go up in our trainers with no grip, but fear not Elder Westenskow had these spikey things that you'd put on your trainers, fancy I know. We didn't get back down to the valley until like 3:30pm. Then it was just a madhouse trying to get everything done before dinner with the Duzett's at 5:30, talk about the final countdown!


We had a lesson with our opposite door neighbours the Shapiro's which was good as always. There little kiddies are just so knowledgeable! Then we were just out contacting for the rest of the night and sharing an early Easter message. We met a lady who was a very devote catholic but she really appreciated the video. We were just on her doorstep on a busy road but the best part was that when important things came up on the screen the road was silent, thank you Heavenly Father. Very positive experience :) 

Tuesday: We had lunch with the Le Roy's which was good, then we were contacting all afternoon. We then had a lesson with the Jones in the 3rd ward which was good, but everyone is still sick! Sad day :( then we were just contacting for the rest of the night.

Wednesday: contacting, contacting, contacting. That's all you do when you have no one to teach. Until we met with Bishop Stowell and went out on visits with him, he is the best!

Then after dinner we had a lesson with the Arhet's on the gospel of Jesus Christ which went really well as always, we just LOVE them! Then we had a lesson with the Clark's which was great. We just love that family too. It was a rough start but great finish days. 

Thursday: Planning, enough said, I won't bore you. Then we headed up to Brighton which was lush as always. We met with Ryan Innes and shared an Easter message with him and at the end of the lesson he sang 'I know that my redeemer lives' oh my word it was so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes because he was practically baring his testimony, it was amazing. Then we saw Dean to lift his spirits up because he is recovering from being in a care centre forever. We are sharing easter messages like no bodies business (well, reason for the season people!) Then our appointments cancelled so we went out with Bro Hanks for more Easter messages, it was a good times as always. Then we had a lesson with the Christensen's in the 3rd ward who are recently married. They are great people.

Friday: #ButlerBabe
I was back in Butler for exchanges! Back to being a Butler Babe! It was nice to be back, I got to see some people that I hadn't seen for a while which was nice. Sharing Easter messages with everyone again. 

Saturday: #LDSConf We actually managed to go down, oh my goodness so good. Now, I would share with you all my notes and insights and that was my intention... but I left my notebook at home... POOP! Well, I will have to enlighten you another time... like next week or something. I took some great notes let's just say that

OH WAIT! I remember a quote!

"I can teach you to dance, but you have to hear the music"

I went "ooooh" out loud it was that good!

Oh and Happy birthday to me reaching 14 months, yes I cannot believe it either. What an achievement! I said I'd never go on a mission. Never say never people. So glad that I did though, I have grown so much and met loads of amazing people.
Sunday: #LDSConf watch the morning session with the Clark's and then we went down for the morning session and then we went to the Duzett's for the afternoon session oh my giddly goodness so good.  Then we had a family dinner with them, there were around 40 people Bishop kept asking if we were okay because he was worried that we would pass out because of the amount of people or something, bless him. Then we were contacting for the rest of the night. We managed to see Mia which was really good, we haven't seen her for a while. Then we stopped by Gin and Freddie and shared an Easter message with them. 

WELL! That was my week! I cannot believe that it is week 6 of the transfer, my goodness time flies. 

The time has come that I need to leave, I have things that need to get done. I'm off to get 'er dun!

Hope you all have a great week!

Love you lots!

Love you all!

Sister Hughes xoxo









Comments

Popular Posts