God Save the Queen

It's the 4th of July week, so I will be like Harry Potter this week.  'I'll be in my room making no noise and pretending I am not there"

*JOKES - I'm going to be partying with the Americans!!

This Sunday was funny though we were singing "America the beautiful"  and "my country tis of thee" it has the same tune as God save the Queen, I may have sung the wrong words at the same time.....

It was so funny we were at dinner and Megan is 11 and she was very concerned about my welfare for the 4th of July. So cute.

"Mawiage is what bwings us togevva"

We were teaching Gospel Principles on Eternal Marriage this Sunday went really well. I shared all the experience I have, *jokes,  I have none. But the lesson went really well. We were talking about being together forever and one comments from one of our members who has disabilities said THE CUTEST THING.

"I don't want to get married. I want to stay single, go to church and do fun stuff"

That’s missionary life .... I love her, she is the sweetest thing.

This week at the old folks home Suzie looks at my badge and says "That is a very well-known church here" and she really likes my pink skirt. She really liked my outfit, she thought it was ever so pretty and loved how it matched my top haha. Looks like I am managing to stay a snazzy sister... thank goodness.

We taught lots of lessons this week, mainly to the less active members but they were still good!

We have someone on date for baptism! He’s 9 and we had a great plan of salvation lesson. We got a fair few names to check out too which was nice.

I HAVE FINALLY GOT OUT OF 3NEPHI whoo!

The Book of Mormon is such a great book. I am learning so much of what sort of a person Jesus Christ was. I am learning so much!

I can't believe that I hit 5 months on Friday. Then it will be august and then I only have a year left. I AM NOT READY TO COME HOME YET!

Miracle of the week:

I HAVEN'T HAD A BIKE ACCIDENT THIS WEEK!

It’s  supposed to be in the 100s this week…..prepare for a funeral invitation!

I’m gonna have some sweet lines....I keep forgetting to put sun cream on... I really feel it is because I am a sister missionary I am not burnt to a crisp! Sister Melanson got burnt this week.

I have gatorade too, I need to replace my electricals that I lose when I bike... I mean electrolytes!

Quotes:

"If I dress ugly, you gotta dress ugly. we go ugly together"

(comp unity at its finest)

Love you all so so so much

Christopher seen as you don’t have a job and loads of time WRITE ME

You all write me!!!! I love post!!!

Thank you for everything that you do

As if I am twenty in 2 weeks! 

Love you all,

Sister Leah Hughes xxxx



.





Comments

Popular Posts