Who let the dogs out!? #IamtheDogWhisperer‏


Monday 21 July

So this week has been a little difficult for various reasons. Lack of sleep but it is all good.

Monday: P-day. I wrote letters, emailed, I can't really remember too much so... yeah

Tuesday: BIRTHDAY EVE

We had our Book of Mormon class that went really well, we taught Ether 12. Our salvation depends our how charitable we are. Be lovely and serve those around you everyone! We had lessons with a member present which was awesome. And we saw progression with one of our investigators that has Aspergers which was lovely to see :)

One of our ward members invited us over to lunch for a birthday eve party which was really nice.

Wednesday: BIRTHDAAAAY

So I turned the ripe old age of 20.... i kept forgetting it was my birthday because I was just focused on being a missionary hahaha

We had a really good lesson with a catholic :) We have a knack for finding muslims or catholics hahaha

We had 7th ward splits and that was really good. We went to active members and talked about a missionary work presentation that President Anderson gave which was really cool and the ward mission leader Bro.Funk found out that it was my birthday so during splits he went to dairy queen and got me an icecream cake! The other sisters finished it last night ahaha.

Oh and all the sisters went out for lunch with me and the member that we went out with on Tuesday dropped in and she had brought me a present!

But before splits we were going to contact someone and we saw this older puppy wandering around with no collar on, a man came out and we helped him (turns out he was a less active member) and for like 10 mins we were chasing this puppy around 11th and 45th he was going all over the place. It was quite a sight a young puppy and a young sister missionary jogging after him. but I caught him and the less active member put him in his yard.

I did my good dead for that day hahah

Yeah I was pretty bummed that I didn't get the parcel, I was super excited. Grandma Watson sent me a nice scarf. Tell her I got it and say thank you!

Thursday: So we went to the Johnston's and had a belated birthday party which was so lovely. We had such a wonderful time and there was a banner cake and presents, it had everything! The Johnston’s have done so much for us. I LOVE that family. We were weekly planning.

Friday: district meeting was really good, thanks Elder Andela (he is a wonderful district leader) we had some good lessons with the chuck and Jerry (both Catholic) and we were contacting people.

Saturday: BINGO! Highlight of my week. The old people are just so funny. Nobody was home or too busy so we didn't have that many lessons.

Sunday: So we went to church. Sister Melanson, Sister Hales, Sister Jackson and I sang "Nearer My God to Thee" acapello which sounded amazing in sacrament meeting. It was so good, I was proper loving it!

So this week pday ends at one and our real pday is tomorrow for the trek (pray for me)

Because it was mine, Elder Ledbetter and Elder Castillo’s birthdays all within 2 weeks for lunch we are having a party! hats, cake, balloons and everything. it’s going to be fun :)

Scripture I really love at the moment is Mosiah 3:20

Okay I have to go now, the family history is closing and kicking us out!

now its time for a birthday party whoooo!!!!

Love you all

Sister Leah Hughes xxx

Ooooh! Really quick. PLEASE CAN ALL LETTERS AND PACKAGES BE SENT TO THE MISSION OFFICE. TRANFERS ARE THE 4TH AUG AND IM 100% SURE GETTING TRASNFERED.


LOVE YOU XXX

Comments

Popular Posts