Another transfer bites the dust

Monday 25th May 2015

I cannot believe that another transfer has gone. I now only have 2 transfers left! 😱 and sister white and I are both staying together, yay!

So my Dad emailed me the stats for my blog – girlgoeswest.blogspot.co.uk and I am so touched with how many people read my blog! I didn't think anyone would bother reading it, it is also cool to see how many people around the world read it too!

To all my readers: 

     Russia: спасибо
     Australia: thank you!
     El Salvador: gracias
     France: Merci beaucoup
     Germany: Danke
     Canada: thank you!
     Ukraine: спасибі
     Spain: gracias

I really appreciate the time that you take to read my little blog, I love you all. Truly, I do.❤

Time for the weekly update! 

Monday: Preparation day! We just stayed at home and washed the car, you can't be too exciting in Wyoming. In the evening we had a lesson with the Redmon's again and then we had a lesson with the Fenus', they are preparing to go to the temple. You could really feel the spirit in the lesson and we were taking about a lot of things but the main one was spiritual protection. 

Tuesday: A lot of stopping by people, we had some good visits. We stopped by Sister Davis who is a widow and we knocked on the door about 2/3pm and every time we knock we wake her up because she has dozed off crocheting! The poor woman, but she is always fun to visit! Then for dinner our members took us out to a Chinese restaurant which was really good quality and not too pricey (that's the way uhuh uhuh I like it).  I love Chinese restaurants, especially the fortunes, they're always fun to read.  My fortune: 'The strengths in your character will bring you serenity'. And Sister White got a fortune cookie but it didn't have a fortune in it, so I told her that she was just unfortunate. 

Wednesday: In the morning we had visits with sister Covolo. We met a part member family and they said that they would take the missionary lessons! In the afternoon we had a lesson with Lisa, we taught the restoration and soft committed her to baptism and she said yes! She is really progressing. Then after dinner we had a lesson with Tayah and we taught her the restoration and she believes it and already wants to get baptized, but because she is a minor we are having to work with the parents. But she is so legit, I cannot believe that she is 13 and asking about religion, when I was 13 I was chasing boys or something! We then went to Young Women's with Tayah to help her to get to know the girls in the Ward. We then had a lesson with Chuck and his wife and we spoke about the Book of Mormon and how it and the bible work together. 

Thursday: Weekly planning blah blah blah, I still find it boring. Then we did a little contacting before dinner, we had a lesson with a less active lady that Sister Covolo took us to. It was a really good lesson, you could feel the spirit. Then we had dinner, our members took us out to an American diner and Sister White ordered a scone, out came this massive fat thing which turned out to be fat fried bread or something. I told her that she wasn't eating a real scone. Then we had a lesson with the Goates, their little girl is getting baptized and the parents want her to have the lessons so that was cool. 

Friday: ROAD TRIP! I drove all the way to Salt Lake and didn't kill Sister White, oh I am so grown up! It was the longest I had ever driven until before my mission! But we had good music so it was good. When it got to our favourites we CRANKED IT UP when we were on the motorway, good times. Then we had training for our driver accountability program, we now have a tiwi device and it monitors our speed, makes sure we have our seatbelt on and let's us know when we are driving aggressively. We have named it Tim and it's the only relationship were it is appropriate not to speak to each other. He has only spoken to me twice and that was when I was overtaking a massive Lorry on the motorway. Then we saw the Brook's and read the Book of Mormon with them, I just love them. Then we had dinner with the Gross' and they are such a fun family, I just love them too. We had a lesson with Nacho (his last name is not libré) and it was really good. He is originally from Spain and he is here on exchanges. We taught the restoration and he thinks the church is good, you could feel the spirit. 

Saturday: It was Sister White’s birthday! So I made her a thing of 21 reasons why I love Sister White. We partied hard by preaching the gospel. We met with the Young Women's president in the morning then after kph we went contacting and we had a visit with the Condos, it was basically a day of contacting. We also went to dinner at the Chinese restaurant again which was tasty, I got a seafood platter. There were oysters!! I have never had one before and they were good! I got another fortune too! My fortune: ' An Admirer is too shy to greet you'. Oh wow, I am flattered. Whoever you are, wherever you may be, don't be shy. The fortune cookie has told me so I am expecting you. Then we were contacting for the rest of the night. We stopped by an active member family and shared a message with them and had ice cream sandwiches. 

Sunday: Church Church Church then we had dinner, then we had a lesson with the Antonines and then the Hamblin's, it was a good night. I love those families.

Anyway that was my week! 

Spiritual thought: something that I read this week in my studies 
President Gordon B. Hinckley declared: “Those who have read [the Book of Mormon] prayerfully, be they rich or poor, learned or unlearned, have grown under its power. ...
“... Without reservation I promise you that if you will prayerfully read the Book of Mormon, regardless of how many times you previously have read it, there will come into your hearts ... the Spirit of the Lord. There will come a strengthened resolution to walk in obedience to his commandments, and there will come a stronger testimony of the living reality of the Son of God” (“The Power of the Book of Mormon,” Ensign, June 1988, 6; see also “The Book of Mormon,” Tambuli, Oct. 1988, 7).

Comments

Popular Posts