Sweet 16

I never thought that I would be turning 16 again, 16 months already gone?

To all those people that have said that they would write me on my mission and have not yet done so then you better hurry up! You only have 2 months! And I don't want you to look at my face when I get back and feel regret and guilt. Don't say I didn't try to warn you. So the low down for the week!

Monday: We went to Jane and Main and Sister White spent her birthday money otherwise it was just another day at the house. We had a birthday dinner for Sister White at the Snows and Sister Snow did a little package for us both and now I have some super snazzy PJ bottoms! We got talking about how she met her husband and she told us the hilarious story of how the first time she had seen him (in the 80's). He was wearing a tank top, short shorts and knee high socks! I died laughing. So she gave us some words of wisdom "never judge a man by his early 20's" then I said "yep, never judge a book by its cover! Especially if it is in short shorts a tank top and knee high socks", we always have so much fun with them. Then we had a meeting with an EQP and then went contacting some people.

Tuesday: In the morning we had a meeting with a Primary President which went well. Then we were just contacting people. During lunch time we were taking out the rubbish and because we have already locked ourselves out of our flat once I am paranoid that we are going to do it again, so I took the keys with me. I threw the rubbish into the dumpster and started walking back to the flat... I realized that both of my hands were completely empty... I threw the keys in too!! I had to quickly go back and try and find them. I found them, but I couldn't reach them #ShortGirlProbs so Sister White had to save the keys. I am so glad that no one was around to see me trying to look for the keys in the dumpster. Some days I feel really grown up and like a woman but then I have moments like this where I remind myself that I am still a little girl despite being almost the ripe old age of 21.

After lunch we moved a recliner from Mike's house (our opposite neighbour) into our house. We've got muscles  our living room looks great now. If only we had friends to share our couches with.... Then we went contacting until we had a meeting with Sister Hadley who is a Primary President so we were talking bout the Ward. Then we created flyers for the Ward party with her which was fun. They look so western, I am so pleased with ourselves. "To get the Cowboys, you gotta think like a cowboy" so Sister White and I have now found our inner cowgirl! Then we were just contacting for the rest of the night.

Wednesday: we went on visit with Sister Covolo and stopped by some people. There is a lady that works with special needs children on a farm. It's called Taponi which means "special child" in some tribe of Indians. There was this little girl that was severely handicapped and she was showing us her riding skills, she was the cutest thing ever. I told her that she was the best rider I have ever seen. After lunch we did a little contacting before we saw Sister Cox, one of our widows. We were teaching her the gospel of Jesus Christ and it went really well, until she fell asleep on us for the final 2 minutes. We had to call her back, she was so embarrassed but it was really funny, she told us that after we left she was going to take a nap.

Then we were contacting for the rest of the day until Nacho. We had our final lesson with Nacho, it was so sad. He leaves for Madrid this week but he kind of believes everything that we have taught him and he said that when he knows it is all true he will be baptized. He said he will meet with missionaries in Spain. During our nightly planning Sister White said "I like being an old missionary with an old missionary" Sister White really knows how to flatter me. I told her I hate being old.

Thursday: Weekly blah blah blah In the evening we had a lesson with the Platts and then with a less active which went well.

Friday: We had zone meeting which was super spiritual, imagine jumping into a pool of water. That's what the spirit felt like. It was so strong and intense, it was all about being consecrated. Then after that I was on exchanges with Sister Mann, who I knew before the mission from Facebook on the "many are called but few are sisters page" so it was like being with another friend for 24 hrs. All of the appointments cancelled but we still had a good time contacting together.

Saturday: We went to the stake baptisms because one of the families we are teaching (less active) their daughter was getting baptized, so that was really nice to be able to see that. Then I got Sister White back so we did some contacting and helped out the Hamblin's with their yard. Then after dinner we had a lesson with the Snow's which was really good, we taught the restoration and you could really feel the spirit. Sister Snow and I shed tears when it got to Joseph Smith's vision. Then we were contacting for the rest of the night.

Sunday: Church! This week from 7:45-7pm and it was fast Sunday.... I am amazed I didn't die.

Church was good, Sister White and I went on splits so that we could attend 2 wards that went on at the same time. The meetings were all really good. Then we had our meeting with an EQP a and then we had our stake meeting which ran slightly over , then we taught missionary preparation class! The first time that I have ever done it and it was really fun! I felt so old though. But having said that it was a good way for me to reflect how much I have grown on my mission. 

Before I came out on the mission I knew that the church was true, but now I really know why it is true. I am just so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be a missionary and to wear Christ's name over my heart everyday. Miracles happen all the time, there are no such things as coincidences. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the real deal people, it changes lives and makes them happy.

Love you all!

Keep it real keep it righteous and make good choices 

Sister Hughes

Comments

Popular Posts