You know you're an american when....‏

Monday 2 February 2015

You know you're an american when you find a superbowl scripture. Yes that's right ladies and gentleman I found one. So here it is.

 24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Trying to preach on the weekend of Superbowl is quite hard, Superbowl is a religion over here. We weren't having any luck and our ward mission leader said that we could come over. But Sister O and I decided we needed to find a scripture because we aren't watching the super bowl.

Sister Owens: "We need a superbowl scripture..... I don't know one..."

Me: "Wait! I've got it! I have one!!!!!"

and low and behold I did, and it worked! Sister Owen's was so proud.

How do you relate those verses to the superbowl? I hear you ask, well sit back, relax and I will tell you.
So in the Superbowl you have 2 teams trying to get the trophy, which is the corruptible crown. We are in our own Superbowl team it's us against the bad things of the world. The incorruptible crown that we are fighting for is eternal life, to be able to with God, Jesus Christ and our families forever. We not only want this for ourselves but we want this for others and that's why we are helping out our team mates so we can all achieve the incorruptable crown.

So that is my little insight to the doctrine of the Superbowl.

Anyway back to me and my week. I have 1 word: CRAZY.

I have never been so tired in my life. I go to bed at 10:30 next thing I know it's 6:30 to do it all again. Though last night we finished planning at 9:30 I was in the shower and PJs like nobody’s business and was tucked up in bed by 10:10, I won't lie whilst I was lying in bed all squeaky clean I felt like a million dollars. I woke up still feeling like a million dollars (but in reality I looked like Aslan with my untame bed hair curls) but not enough for Vogue to hire me.

Monday: Well, we spent all of our P-day cleaning our apartment. So Sister Owen's and I had lots of fun doing that. Sister Owen's said that she had never seen her apartment so clean (she has been there 6 months) and I said "Yeah, I haven't seen your apartment this clean either."

In the evening we had a lesson with the Harris' we taught the gospel of Jesus Christ and it was really fun. Mika is 7 and she is so funny a quote she came up with was "Don't be dumb, don't" She is hilarious.
Then we had a lesson with our Recent converts Tricia and Jordynn and we played chinese whispers and related it to the apostasy which was really fun.

Tuesday: We had a lesson with Miley who is 9 and we taught The restoration with cups, she said that we had already done this lesson with you and we said "yes, we know. We are testing you today to see how much you remember" The lesson went really well. We also had a lesson with Tony, he is so amazing but he has finally decided that he wants to attend the YSA ward so we are having to hand him over to the Central mission (boundaries are weird for YSA) We also had a really good gospel discussion with a widower in one of our wards.

Wednesday: We had a good lesson with Elijah, he is 9 (we are teaching a lot of 9 year olds) We taught again about the apostasy.

We picked up Mia as a new investigator!!! She was being taught a couple of months ago but got dropped because she was really busy. She is 13 and really cute. I just love her to death. So we have a lesson with her this week. Both of her parents are not members so we are going to see if the parents will join in too. Her step dad is all for her serving a mission his reasons were: No TV, no boys and she has to be modest because she will be wearing garments. It was so funny he kept asking when she could sign up hahaha. We had a lesson about goals with it being the new year and she was sharing her goals with us and she was saying how one of her goals was to show respect to her parents more, then we all got speaking about times when we hadn't shown respect to our parents and how it was just a teenage thing and that everyone has done it.
We also had a lesson with the EQP of the 8th ward and we spoke about the 10 commandments and taught everyone hand signals for each of the commandments.

Thursday: Weekly planning.... the usual....

We then went to a care centre to see a less active which was really nice, he was much happier and better looking from the previous times that the missionaries have been. We get called his girlfrends so his wife will say "Dean, your girlfriends are here" hahaa

Then we went on visits with one of the ward missionaries in the 3rd ward, unfortunately no one was home or busy but c’est la vie. We also saw a lady who had requested for her name to be removed from the church records. We had a nice chat with her and she is obsessed with England, Cath Kidston, Laura Ashley THE GOOD STUFF! So we are having a British tea party on Wednesday to celebrate my 1 year mark. I am so excited beyond belief.  We also tried to make other visits but no one was home.. …story of my life.

Friday: We had a really good district meeting. It was all about helping those who have addictions and we had 2 guest speakers who were recovering alcoholics, it was really good. We had a lesson with a less active which went really well. Then it was trying to get a hold of people. People are too busy these days, they are never home! But then.... neither are we...

Saturday: We had a lesson with our Recent convert which went really well. He even had a non- member friend with him!

Sunday: This is where it got intense:
7am: Meeting with the stake president and all the bishops
12noon: 9th correlation
1pm: Stake meeting
2pm: 7th sacrament (all the sacraments here are last, strange)
3:30pm: 7th correlation
4pm: Out contacting
5pm: Dinner
6pm: Met with bishop Jarman ( I hadn't met him yet
8pm: Lesson with the Slaters (Recent Converts)
With trying to get a hold of people all in between.

Wow, I am just exhausted just typing that out to you. Now you understand why I was in the shower and into my jammies like no other!

Life is great, and really tiring. But I am so happy! Miracles are on the verge of happening!
I have to go

Happy 1st birthday to me!

Have a great week!

Love you all!!!

Sister Hughes xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo


Comments

Popular Posts