"I say goodbye and you say hello!"

19 January 2015

So the transfer calls are in and I am being transferred! My heart is slowly breaking, and leaving it in the Butler Stake. Serving with Sister Knight has been a dream. Living with the Aussie, one of the best mission moments ever.

Monday - We had P-day! Sister Knight and I worked out. I can hear you all laughing but I actually did. Sister Bagley has an exercise bike that we used. Working out to church hymns is a whole new experience. In the evening we saw Tiffany, oh my goodness we just love her. We spoke about the Plan of Salvation. Then we had a lesson with the Hessenthaler's in the Apple Valley ward, they are just the best and we shared our new year’s message with them. Then we met up with Alex and read chapters 12-13 of 1st Nephi because it was a little hard to understand. When I read it I thought "I don't blame you girl, I have no clue too"

Tuesday: We had a lesson with the Fisher's they had a granddaughter who is getting baptized really soon and they wanted us to teach a couple of lessons before she does. They went well. She is so cute very chatty too. *points to a speaker on the wall* "That thing tells me the future" she cracks us up! We had dinner with our Bishop and then we saw an old lady who was really cute. Other than that, we have been trying to contact people.

Wednesday: we contacted some widows in the morning. Then jotted down some ideas for a ward party in the Apple Valley ward. We are thinking of doing an international night, but we shall see how that goes. We had a great lesson with our Old Mill RSP Sister Fletcher we spoke about missionary work and gave out a challenge. We contacted a couple of people but they weren't interested.

Thursday: We had weekly planning with the Westenskow's. Life is finally back to normal! How much I love them. We then went contacting. We had dinner with the Eberhardt's which was super fun. We had waffles! Breakfast for dinner has to be like one of the best things that I have had on my mission. Then we were contacting for the rest of the night because our appointments cancelled.

Friday: We had district meeting which was really good. President Banks and his wife came in and it was so much fun. They can be really funny sometimes. They also provided lunch for us all which was really nice. We then saw a widow in the Apple Valley ward and she was sharing with us her missionary moments that she has had. Then we went over to the Bryson's and saw Bro.Bryson because he is seriously ill and slowly dying. We went contacting again and then we had dinner and contacting for the rest of the night.

Saturday: We went to see some widows in the morning. The old people are really funny sometimes especially when they say "diebeatis" (typed how it is said) #OAPLife. We have just been contacting all day and stopping in on some widows. We also had a lesson with the Busto's at the Westenskow's home which went really well. We taught a jumping game about the gospel of Jesus Christ. I seriously think that we have some Olympic champions here!

Sunday: We just had church. It was nice to have the Cooper's back. Life isn't really the same without them. Bro. Cooper gave a really good talk and he recited the missionary call letter and the experience of receiving it. It really took sister knight and I back! We then had dinner with the Henrixson's and then we had a lesson with Sarah who is 11 she is now on date for 7th Feb! Woohoo then we headed to the Cooper's to put in our numbers and they shared some holiday photos and vids, it was a good time.

I am so sad to be leaving this area, I really love the people here. But I know that Heavenly Father has more people for me to meet and things to learn.

Hope you all have a great week!

Much love,

Sister Hughes xxx


Comments

Popular Posts