Just another manic Monday....

Monday 26th May
Oh my word... So glad it is Monday. Though last week was the wildest I have ever experienced.

Monday: We went to Bell Canyon up by Sandy. Pres.Eberhardt has to be one of the fittest old men that I know. We went for a 3 1/2 mile hike, that is a stroll to him! Man.. I knew Utah was dry, but I finally felt it and it was super hot too... it was such fun, hard but such fun. Then we went out for dinner with the Fugates and went contacting.

Tuesday: I was in a training meeting all morning until 2, we had correlation with our Stake President and our appointment fell through so another dose of contacting

Wednesday: we had 7 lessons, mainly with less actives. But they are important too. We had splits also, a lot of "we'd love to see you at church" talk haha

Thursday: Weekly planning...ask the sisters how they feel about it. I have a love/dislike relationship with it hahaha. We saw one of our less active recent converts who's in her 90's. Both our appointments in the evening fell through so we were going through former investigators. We went out for a chinese with one of our ward members and my fortune cookie was pretty much accurate for once:

 "You have a keen sense of humour and love a good time"

Well, I like to think I am funny anyway, but I LOVE a good time.

Then for the rest of the week we have been going through formers and contacting.

I love riding a bike, it's great. And I have been wearing t-shirts for the past two weeks... until it rained on Saturday. Then I felt like I was back at home.

Dad said it got into the 20's, wow. I missed out on a miracle.

I love Sister Melanson, we get on great!

Her energy is what I need, I just focus on what to do, how to do it. Training and planning the day yourself is tough but she lightens it and gets excited for stuff.

John is due to be baptized this Saturday, fingers crossed!! His records got lost so we are just doing an over view of the lessons.

So last week Sister Johnston helped us out so much last week with driving us everywhere. I told her that she was 'the best thing since sliced bread.' She tells us that we are her daughters. It is her family that is looking after and fixing our bikes and that are holding the party.  They are having a memorial day party :) we're dropping by for an hour to pick up our bikes, eat food and show our faces. She has one daughter out on a mission and one with a call. She says it's just pay back because someone will do that for her

Thought you wanted to know, I am well looked after.


LOVE YOU ALL

Sister Hughes xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

Popular Posts