#ldsconf

In the world of Mormonism it is considered "it's the most wonderful time of the year!' (please tell me that I am not the only one that can only say those words through one) Yep, general conference is where it's at. 

If you're not overly familiar of the whole gerneal conference concept, general conference is where we all have to opportunity to listen to our prophet (leader of our church) and apostles and they receive revelation from God and tell us how to better our lives, I mean who wouldn't want to improve their lives right?


Here's the man himself, President Thomas S. Monson. He's the current prophet. I love this man, he is one of the nicest people. I've never met him, but why I was on my mission I was able to go to the conference centre and see him. #LifeMade I've heard so many stories about him and his acts of kindness, it was cool to see him in the flesh. This is the prophet that received the revelation to lower the missionary age and told me to go on a mission, which changed me life, so I will love him forever because of that. So yes, I love this man. Plus, he can wiggle his ears so you should love him too because he is cool.

This is what my conference notes looked like....


...jokes, I was on my couch with my 'Hey Girl' Ryan Gosling note book in my scratty handwriting and a box of Heroes for everytime someone speaks. I have to say it's a very efficient was to get through a box of chocolates. Don't count the calories, but its General Conference so you get blessed so obviously all the chocolates I had contained no calories.

Here are some of my high lights.



(Don't y'all just love that southern drawl?) 


and no, this isn't my fridge.








...in my dreams...

Anyway, just wanted to share something's that I loved about conference. 


Something that everyone is getting into and I am trying to implement in my scrpture study. 

I know that our leaders of the church are inspired men called by God and I am grateful that I have the opportunity to watch conference every six months so I can keep my life on track. I know that as we act on the words that we hear our lives will bring us more peace, and we will be able to recognise the hand of God in our Ives more. 

Have a great week everyone!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts