One 'n' done... I'm coming home!


Monday 17th August 2015

I'm comin' home, I'm comin' home,
tell the world I'm coming home
Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday
I know my kingdom awaits and they've forgiven my mistakes
I'm comin' home, I'm comin' home tell the world I'm comin' home.

It's been nearly 2 years and I'm comin' home to know honey foam, car, job, money clothes gonna feel weird like a hit to the funny bone, but I trust God so it's sweet as a honey comb
Coz I'm in the runnings and I'm sprinting to finish, satan wants me to fail but I'm in it to win it, making plans and setting back up from minute to minute

... Well, you get the gist

This is the final lowdown....

Monday: Final preparation day, did the usually laundry and everything and then we went to the church building and played basketball. We had spontaneous dinner with the James' and then for the rest of the night we were trying names that had been given to us.

Tuesday: Contacting in the morning. Then we went over to the West's for lunch and they had their daughter with her kids there and we tied them animal balloons and it was really fun. In the afternoon we went over to the Rowe's home (Ward mission leader) and we did some yard work for them. After that we did some more contacting and then after dinner it was more contacting.

Wednesday: We were contacting in the morning then after lunch our appointment with Joe cancelled so we tried some other people... It was just another contacting day we also did a lot of yard work and filling
dumpsters because they come only once a year so we got a really good arm work out!

Thursday: Weekly planning, not something that I am going to miss. Though it was strange planning a life that I wouldn't be there for. After that we had a meeting with our Ward mission leader then after
dinner we were contacting and had a massive stake meeting.

Friday: District meeting! I gave training on being 'one' with your companion in using the iPad. After that the YSA sisters picked me up and we dropped off sister Tigno so she could work in the area and we headed off to the Jordan River temple for our final session together, it was super fun.

I got to see the Covolo's because they brought the Wyoming bunch down, I died of happiness. After Tate it was dinner time and we had a lesson with Jenny which was good because she has a basic understanding of Jesus Christ.

Saturday: We went over to Diane and did yard work for her, I sawed down a little tree. We didn't think we would be doing much so we were just in our frocks, we were the fanciest girls ever! I was so proud of
myself that I sawed down a tree (the saw wasn't electric either!) Then we went out to lunch as a district for the final time and right by where we live is an Italian import store and they do the best sandwiches, like real life Italian style. 

Then after that I had my final interview with President and that was just a hoot, we had a
really good laugh ☺ and he just gave me some counsel. When he brought up marriage I burst out laughing! I just love natters with President , then after that we went to a birthday party and tied balloons. Then we had dinner at the Windes which was super delicious and they are super wonderful. We had stake conference so that was a good sesh.

Sunday: Not the normal day but still #SundayFunDay
Conference really throws you off. We had brunch with Jenny and then we headed to conference after that we were contacting people and then we saw Linda for the final time and she gave us a healthy people book
about fasting which will be a good read. Then we had a correlation at the Rowe's and goodbyes then after dinner we had a lesson with Yao and Li, so sad to say goodbye to them we had a great lesson and discussion one of the best that we have had. Then I realized that I was going home and needed to say goodbye to people so that was that!

Now I am done!

My mission has changed my life

2 Timothy 4:7 “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith”

My mission means the world to me and I am grateful for the opportunity I have had to serve these past 18 months. I have met so many people that will be in my heart forever. This is the truth guys, the real deal. It brings happiness. My testimony has grown so much!

Anyway my battery is going to die on the iPad.

Americans - see you tonight at 7!
English - see you on Wednesday!

Love you all dearly

Sister Hughes GB


Comments

Popular Posts