A man's house is his pigsty!


Monday 3rd August 2015

It's that time again!

It's crazy how time flies by!

Monday: We did our shopping and had a small mission reunion with Elder Seymour, Andela and Hearn. It was so good!
Elder Hearn "how is everything on the east side?" Elder Folson "still the best mission in the world"
I died for the guys. We miss them.

Then I can't really remember what we did... Oh yes! We went to the hair dressers and I got a trim then we went to Linda's for dinner and had campfire food (hot dogs) which was really cute. Then we had a lesson with a part member family about family history which was really cool, he was showing me all his ancestors from England, he was related to the queen and William the conqueror! It was fun and then we were contacting for the rest of the night,

Tuesday: We get a phone call from out housing co-ordinator "sisters we have found you an apartment and we'll be moving you Thursday" so I know what it's like to get evicted. Did I tell you that we were moving? Well, we did because Elder James is coming home and needs his basement back and we can't hang out
because he is a boy so we got the boot!

So we did a little packing and we had a lesson with Joe and he was telling us about some of his friends that have been asking him questions so he is going to try and hook us up :) then we were contacting until dinner. After dinner we had a lesson with Brian which went really well.

Wednesday: We saw Teri in the morning and then we had interviews with President! I love a good old natter with President. It was a reflecting interview even though he said that we weren't really going to talk about home because that is for our final interview but that is mainly what we talked about and how far I have come. It was such a good chat, and we got to spend some time with Sister Eberhardt which is always good. "Sister Hughes you have got two and a half weeks, I want you to have 3 people on date", that sad moment when you get told you have less time than you thought. Then we did some service for a manner family, we were weeding with their daughter who just got from her mission in Mexico so we were just talking about missions. Then we were contacting for the rest of the night.

Thursday: The day! We did our weekly planning and went out to lunch with a member and then we moved! I heard a man say once "A man’s house is his castle" well if this is the case then we were in the pits, the edlers hadn't cleaned whatsoever. I am scared. LOOKS CAN BE DECEIVING LADIES THEY MIGHT LOOK CLEAN AND FANCY BUT CHECK THEIR HOSE. I have never felt so betrayed in my life. So after we moved in we spent the next 3 hours cleaning the bathroom and bedroom so that we could actually function when we got home that night. Never in my life have I spent so long on a bathtub...I was almost put off getting married! Then after dinner we were contacting.

Friday: We had district meeting! Then after lunch the sisters and our STL came over and helped us clean some more (yes it was that bad, and I'm not a clean freak but I am turning into one) for a little bit then we had a meeting then we had dinner and then we were contacting until 8 and then we had a lesson with Mike, Jenny and Matt.

Saturday: Service day! We did yard work in the morning. Then the best thing happened. SISTER KENT (my trainer) TOOK US OUT TO LUNCH!!!! It was so good for a catch up! It was the best thing, I had so much to tell her that I couldn't contain myself. It was just so good then we were contacting in the afternoon, always remember where you put your bikes otherwise it's really scary when you come away from a house and your bikes aren't where you left them or thought you left them. Then after dinner we had a lesson with Li on faith which was great. You could really feel the spirit. Then we were contacting again.

Sunday: #SundyFunDay
Church church and some more church oh and throw in a meeting or two. Li and Charles came to church woohoo! After dinner we stopped by a less active and he was showing off his new car, I know I shouldn't
covet...but I was pretty close. And then we had a meeting with the Halpin's

Anyway that's a wrap! My week in a nutshell.

Pictures- after interviews with president and then when I went for the hairdressers

Love you all!

Hope you have a great week

Love, Sister Hughes 💗

Comments

Popular Posts