Golden Moments


Monday 27th July 2015


This week has been so good!

Monday: Went on the mission hike, it was so good to see everyone...For the last time. Then we were running around like headless chickens (nothing new there) trying to get everything done. We had a family home evening with the Plowgians who are a really cool family. And then we were trying to set up lessons with people for the rest of the night and we were successful woohoo!

Tuesday: We had a lesson with a less active in the morning and then we went on exchanges. I went to Holladay with Sister Ashworth (we were together in the MTC) who is over the young single adults! It was a slow day, but we were able to have a lesson with some of them. It was fun to be with people my own age. We shared Ezekiel 33:1-9 and talked about how we need to be watchmen and reach out to others.

Wednesday: Back in East Millcreek! We went to a funeral that was packed! Imagine stake conference or a packed concert, that's how many people were there. Then we saw Joe right after which was good then we did yard work for the Stevens. A squirrel came right up to us and scared sister Tigno so bad that she screamed, it was so funny! And super windy too! I thought we were going to fly away. So we stopped the hard work and shared a message inside. Later on in the evening we had a lesson with Charles, oh my word. I have found out one of the reasons why I am here, so Charles was really opening up to us and he was telling us about his concerns about Joseph Smith but he wants to be able to leave it. And for some reason we got onto the topic of our families and Charles asked us if we have been raised in the church? I said 'yes, but my Dad is a convert' and I shared a small part of his conversion story and how at one point my dad decided 'I need to stop listening to my head and start listening to my heart' and it really helped him and Charles started talking about how his family have been such examples to him by living the gospel. I was nearly crying. I never thought there were blessings of verbal diarrhoea (mine).... But there are! It was such a great lesson, you could really feel the spirit. He is making so much progress! We just love that family. Then we were contacting for the rest of the night, walking in the clouds because we were so happy.

Thursday: Weekly planning... Blah blah blah, I'm not going to miss that! After that we had a lesson with a less active family which went good. Then we were contacting and had meetings for the rest of the night.

Friday: District meeting! It was about finding people so that was good. We did service for a cute lady and contacted. Then we had dinner with Charles which was super delicious, we had sirloin steak! 🍴super lush! It was great to spend time with them then we contacted some more then we watch fireworks with a Ward mission leader and then we went to have s'mores with Linda, so good!

Saturday: Day of contacting, but we had a good lesson with Yao and Li and we are making progress, with them. They have a lot of questions which is good. Then we were contacting for the rest of the day.

Sunday: #SundayFunDay
Church! We spoke in the 4th Ward, every one said it was really good. I was going off of bullet points because right before the meeting I felt like I needed to change my talk. Man I quaking in my boots so bad! But everyone said that I didn't come off as nervous. That is one thing that the mission hasn't taken out of me, I still hate public speaking. Then we had meetings and then walk about which was fun.

Anyway, life is great and full of miracles!

Love you all!

Sister Hughes

Comments

Popular Posts