It’s a bitter sweet symphony

Monday 4 August 2014

So, it's the end of the transfer and calls got sent to us this morning.

"Sister Hughes you are leaving, Elder M... Sister Melanson you are staying"

So I'm kissing Winder West goodbye! It was fun whilst it lasted, I can't believe how quickly 6 months has flown. I am going to miss it, everyone was so wonderful. But it looks like I am needed else where!

Okay so Sis. Melanson and I have had a really good week this week.

Monday was P-day

Tuesday: we had a lesson about the word of wisdom went well, apart from the thunder that interrupted.

Wednesday: I was on exchanges and went to a Spanish area. So I had a small understanding of what was going on... like the size of a grain of sand and read from Spanish pamphlets and Libro de Mormons all day, it was good Sister Rualez had fun :) it was nice being in a car too ;)

I was living the Spanish dream.

Thursday: Weekly planning and we had a lesson with one of our investigators about baptism, he's a catholic and he is making progress! Then we had a lesson with a less active that has been re-activated who is 13 and we are helping him work towards getting the priesthood, he has his interview with the bishop this week which is exciting!

Friday: We had a really good Zone meeting Elder Connell shared 'the death crawl' scene from the film 'facing the giants' and it was really powerful. Youtube it! It was related how The Lord will never give up on us, it was so powerful. Then we all had lunch together so we got Jimmy John's, which is like a fancy subway. I LOVE it

Then we were contacting

Saturday: So we met with one of our ward mission leaders and then the elders in the next stake over had a baptism so we brought one of the people that we are teaching to it. He loved it and really felt the spirit. He is solid!!! Then we biked like maniacs to The Wellington for Bingo, I am going to miss those grannies and grandad's so bad! We had four lessons with a member which was amazing!

Sunday: It was church so we didn't have as many lessons as we would have liked and we were walking because it was raining. I welcome the rain!
So today and tomorrow morning I am packing up my life,  putting it in the back of a car and heading up to the mission office and finding out my future!
I have grown so much since I have been out here. I can't believe that I have been out on my mission 6 months!

I know that this is the true gospel, this is Christ's Church on the earth. The Book of Mormon is true, Joseph Smith was a prophet and it was by the power of God that he translated it.

"No wicked man could write such a book as this, and no good man would write it, UNLESS IT WERE TRUE AND HE WERE COMMANDED OF GOD TO DO SO" - Jeffery R Holland

I know that the gospel bring us happiness that lasts forever.

Until next week


Love Sister Hughes

Comments

Popular Posts