#LDS General Conference

Monday 7 April

So I went to conference and I was in the room when President Utchdorf spoke!! Flippin' Nora I almost died, I'm pretty sure that I fainted.

I got a lot out of conference. When it was the afternoon session I was thinking "all the Hughes will be watching conference together!"

Okay so CRAZY THINGS I saw 3 people that I knew at conference I saw:

- Jan and Jared Martin (speaking of martin's how is Dan Martin's getting on with coming back to Utah?)

- Elder and Sister Donaldson (yeah that's right, I told you we were besties!)

- Natalie...*insert Spanish name* Christopher will know her she came to institute once stayed with the Cozens.

Wowzers!

I loved one certain scripture out of conference, Matthew 6:21 Mum you will want that on a plaque somewhere in the house, it made me think of you guys.

Also: I want a scripture case from Etsy they have super cute ones.  One of the sisters I live with has one I think it is from MA Collections or something, please have a search, I want to protect my precious scriptures.

This week has been crazy, and I won’t lie to you FLIPPIN HARD.

But first quotes of the week:

'Everyone deserves cake at a wedding, it doesn't matter who you are or what you did' (a young girl from a family we teach)

'I don't have a big brother except for Jesus' (Sister Colman)

We have a quote board in our flat. It's good fun, we all get along so well. We now live with one sister who was already in our zone and the other is Sister Kent’s mtc comp SUCH FUN (appreciate that one pookie, I still have my style)

But yeah this week has been super hard.

It's easy when you’re at home in your comfort zone to understand why you’re going on a mission. It’s different when you’re out on your mission sometimes you don't know why you came.

I have found this week really hard, trying to believe in myself is hard but I’m getting better at breaking down it mentally  when I’m trying to work something out.

Saying "I don't know" is the most destroying thing you can do to your mind. I'm working on it. It’s hard, but it will be the best thing.

I also have been homesick which hasn't helped but we are getting there,

How is everything in the Hughesy household?!

Your package is on our boot! It just needs to get to the post office, I might just get the Hales to send it for me... I don't know.

I MUST EMAIL CHAT WITH YOU ALL otherwise I won’t think you love me.

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH, I MEAN I KNEW I LOVED YOU ALL BEFORE I CAME OUT ON MY MISSION BUT I REALLY KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU AND IT IS SOOOO MUCH

Have a great week everyone. Country bumpkin still getting used to the big city but she loves it

LOVE YOU ALL

AND ALL WRITE ME LETTER

YES THAT MEANS YOU POOKIE! AND CHRISTOPHER YOU MIGHT NOT LIVE IN OUR HOUSE ANYMORE BUT YOU’RE STILL MY BROTHER AND I NEED A LETTER!!!!

I'M OFF TO OLIVE GARDEN it's Sister Coleman's birthday so we are celebrating. (It still has the never ending breadsticks!)

LOVE YOU ALL

Sister Hughes xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx




Comments

Popular Posts