CALLED TO SERVE



"Dear Sister Hughes,

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labour in the Utah Salt Lake City East Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.

You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Centre on Tuesday, February 4, 2014. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the English language." 



If you speak to any missionary about waiting for their call I can guarantee that they will say its the most exciting and scary time. I had dreams about opening my call to various places that I knew I had friends serving, it can't compare to the real deal. I asked my brother where he thought I would be going and he said "it'll probably be somewhere that you had never even thought of" he couldn't have been more right, out of all the places I could think of Salt Lake City was not on the list. I had a feeling I would either go somewhere in Europe or America, but not Salt Lake City. I think it had never crossed my mind because the church is so big over there and there are so many American missionaries that I never thought that America needed missionaries too. Well Salt Lake I'm coming for you!

When I was filling out my papers I couldn't have expressed enough how badly I wanted to learn a language. I even had my top 5: Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, French, Sign Language. After I had sent off my papers I started to realise that talking about the gospel can be hard enough never mind speaking not in your native tongue. So getting my call was a testimony building experience to know that my Heavenly Father knows me, even better than I know myself. 

I am so excited to be going on my mission, the gospel of Jesus Christ makes me happy and it has blessed my life and to go and spread this gospel just makes me excited! Yes it will be tough, but it will be worth it.

Comments

Popular Posts